We are in the lab for the next 3 days. You have a choice of 2 items. The College Research (individuals only) is optional for those who have not gotten their credit. The X-Ray Profile (singles or groups of 2 ok) is required of everyone.
COLLEGE RESEARCH [50 pts]
Complete this if you have NOT gone to a college presentation or missed the College Fair. Select a college/university of your choice (4-year only, no community colleges). You may select a public or private university. Your write-up should be 1 page, typed (size 10 font) and single-spaced. Organize your findings into paragraphs. Be sure to address these items:
- Public versus private
- Single-sex versus coed
- Liberal arts and sciences versus comprehensive universities
- Size: small, medium or large
- Location: urban, suburban, rural, out of state, in state or international
- Academic offerings and majors
- Distinguished Faculty, especially in your desired field
- Academic skills enhancement (tutoring)
- Residential and social life
- Student organizations and activities
- Athletics and recreational sports (varsity, intramural and club)
- Community service organizations
- Personal and career counseling
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal attention available
- Diversity of student body
- Religious affiliation
X-RAY PROFILE [100 pts]
Select a real-life leader from history or from your personal life. Use your time in the lab to conduct basic research about your Leader (birthplace, birthdate, reason for being a leader). You will need a photo/picture of your Leader. Leader posters should be life-sized (kid-sized) = minimum of 4 feet tall. The content of the X-Ray Profile is below. Please save everything to Google Docs and share with my email: email@example.com. You can also print out paragraphs for placement on your poster.
- BRAIN – what were their thoughts, ideas?
- EYES – what was their vision, or what did they see/experience?
- EARS – what do they hear from others? their critics? community? etc.
- MOUTH - what are some of their famous quotes?
- SHOULDERS – how would you describe their burden, responsibilities?
- STOMACH/GUTS – what evidence do you have of their courage?
- MUSCLES/BICEPS – what experiences, beliefs, etc… gave them strength?
- LEGS – what are the key beliefs they stood for during their lifetime?
- HEART – what did they care about, feel during their lives?